Well, it’s Friday……after a holiday. Most of you are probably off work. I, unfortunately, have to go to work today. Being away in Vegas last week, it didn’t even dawn on me to consider taking off today. Oh well! At least it’s only one day then the weekend!!!
So, let’s get to it………High Five for Friday!!!
1. As you know I was in Vegas last week with my fella. He was in a wedding and I went as his +1. It was a great trip, despite the 117 degree temeratures. It has taken all week to catch up on sleep and I’m not quite there yet. I think I have sleep on my schedule for Saturday!! Being up 28 hours straight one day will do that to ya! While in Vegas right?!?
2. While we were there we rented a car and drove to Valley of Fire State Park. It was UH-MAZING!!! Such gorgeous red rock formations out in the desert. With the temperatures being 115 that day, they recommended not hiking. We took a short 15 minute hike out of the car to get some awesome pictures like this one. The petro-glyphs and hollows in the rocks were amazing to see. There is so much amazing stuff to see here in our own country. 15 minutes out of the car was more than enough in those temperatures so we hauled it back to the car and drove the rest of the park.
3. While in Vegas we decided to stop at the Little White Wedding Chapel…..that’s right the same place Britney Spears got married……..and make it official!!!! HAHA! Just kidding. We snapped this picture outside and sent it off to our friends and family. Most people didn’t take the bait, but there were a few who thought it was for real. Hilarious. Who wouldn’t want to get married at a drive through wedding chappel!?!?!?
4. Since yesterday was the 4th of July, I made dessert with a special little young lady. My bright idea was to make brownies, cut them out in star shape, icing them and top with festive sprinkles. As you can see above, my star cutouts didn’t work. And it turns out there is a kid who doesn’t like icing or sprinkles. So half of the pan got iced and the other didn’t! Hey, its the effort that counts!
5. Last night my fella and I went to fireworks together to celebrate the 4th. These were the absolute best fireworks I had ever seen. AND they were set to music. What more could I ask for!! They were done by small town Lititz, PA and I think I would take them over any other firework display. They were awesome and a great way to cap off a fab week-and-a-half with Vegas and the 4th of July!!
Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!!! Happy Weekend!
As always I’m linking up with Lauren